Today is Monday, March 20, the 79th day of 2017 in the Gregorian calendar, with 286 days remaining.
Today is the
first day of Spring.
12 days until April Fools' Day;
20 days until Palm Sunday;
21 days until First Day of Passover;
25 days until Good Friday;
27 days until Easter Sunday;
28 days until US Federal Income Tax filing day;
29 days until Last Day of Passover;
33 days until Earth Day;
40 days until Arbor Day;
46 days until Cinco de Mayo;
55 days until Mother's Day;
69 days until Memorial Day;
606 days until the 2018 mid-term elections; and
1,402 days until the end of Donald Trump's term as President, assuming he isn't impeached.
Today is also Extraterrestrial Abduction Day.
Some persons born on March 20 who said interesting things:
- Ernest Bramah (1868-1942), English author;
- René Coty (1882-1962), President of France;
- Charles William Eliot (1834-1926), American academic;
- Henrik Ibsen (1828-1906), Norwegian playwright, theatre director, and poet;
- A.J. Jacobs (1968), American journalist, author, and lecturer;
- Spike Lee (1957), American film director, producer, writer, and actor;
- Ovid (43BC - 17/18AD), Roman poet;
- Pat Riley (1945), American professional basketball executive;
- Mary Roach (1959), American author;
- Fred Rogers (1928-2003), American television personality;
- B.F. Skinner (1904-1990), American psychologist, behaviorist, author, inventor, and social philosopher;
Quote of the day:
"Democracy is the spawn of despotism. And like father, like son.
Democracy is power and rule. It's not the will of the people, remember;
it's the will of the majority."
Fareed Zakaria nails the secret to Trump's success:
Not everyone's thrilled Cheerios gave away 1.5 billion wildflower seeds to save the bees. Some say the packets contain invasive wildflowers that could overtake native species and spread disease.
The Solar System could have more than 100 planets. Good news for Pluto, which may regain its planet status if new definitions for celestial bodies are approved.
The tardigrade, or Water Bear, is almost indestructible. Science finally found the reason why.
As you see, KGB Report is now a daily effort, and I'd appreciate it if you can share us with your friends and, perhaps, click on the link below and become a patron, or send a donation to me here in the KGB Kave at 1512 Annette Avenue, South Park, PA 15129. Aside from some consulting work, KGB Report, other writing efforts and partial Social Security retirement benefits are looking more and more like my main source of income. So if you like us, chip in a buck or ten every month to keep us on the air. Becoming a patron will also get you free copies of any books we publish on Amazon or Kindle in the coming year. Thanks for your support!
(Unless otherwise noted, all citations are from Wikipedia.)
Categories: The Daily KGB Report