Today is Tuesday, March 28, the 87th day of 2017 in the Gregorian calendar, with 278 days remaining.
4 days until April Fools' Day;
12 days until Palm Sunday;
13 days until First Day of Passover;
17 days until Good Friday;
19 days until Easter Sunday;
20 days until US Federal Income Tax filing day;
21 days until Last Day of Passover;
25 days until Earth Day;
32 days until Arbor Day;
38 days until Cinco de Mayo;
47 days until Mother's Day;
61 days until Memorial Day;
598 days until the 2018 mid-term elections; and
1,394 days until the end of Donald Trump's term as President, assuming he isn't impeached.
On this date in 1979, America's worst commercial nuclear accident occurred inside the Unit Two reactor at the Three Mile Island plant near Middletown, PA.
The film The China Syndrome was released on March 16, 1979, 12 days before the Three Mile Island nuclear accident in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. The accident portrayed in the movie was eerily similar to what happened at Three Mile Island. Coincidentally, in one scene, physicist Dr. Elliott Lowell (Donald Hotton) says that the China Syndrome would render "an area the size of Pennsylvania" permanently uninhabitable.
Today is also National Something on a Stick Day.
Some persons born on March 28 who said interesting things:
- Nelson Algren (1909-1981), American writer;
- Russell Banks (1940), American writer of fiction and poetry;
- Aristide Briand (1862-1932), French statesman;
- Zbigniew Brzezinski (1928), Polish-American diplomat and political scientist;
- Iris Chang (1968-2004), American author and journalist;
- Orville Dewey (1794-1882), American Unitarian minister;
- Arsène Houssaye (1815-1896), French novelist, poet and man of letters;
- Neil Kinnock (1942), British Labour Party politician;
- Reba McEntire (1955), American singer, songwriter, actress and record producer;
- Edmund Muskie (), American statesman, author, academic, and reformer;
- Jennifer Weiner (1970), American writer;
- Lauren Weisberger (1977), American novelist;
- Paul Whiteman (1890-1967), American bandleader, composer, orchestral director and violinist;
Quote of the day:
"Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called
Mom's. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own."
Maybe Popeye was on to something. Scientists convert spinach leaves into human heart tissue that can beat.
Proof of alien life or just a strange rock? Conspiracy theorists spot a 'huge tower' on the surface of Mars. Kinda looks like a monolith to me, Dave.
There are people who spend their time yelling at the Mars Curiosity Rover on Twitter. "Do humanity a favor and self destruct."
Trump lies- a lot- but the thing is, his supporters don't care. In fact, they like it.
As you see, KGB Report is now a daily effort, and I'd appreciate it if you can share us with your friends and, perhaps, click on the link below and become a patron, or send a donation to me here in the KGB Kave at 1512 Annette Avenue, South Park, PA 15129. Aside from some consulting work, KGB Report, other writing efforts and partial Social Security retirement benefits are looking more and more like my main source of income. So if you like us, chip in a buck or ten every month to keep us on the air. Becoming a patron will also get you free copies of any books we publish on Amazon or Kindle in the coming year. Thanks for your support!
(Unless otherwise noted, all citations are from Wikipedia.)
Categories: The Daily KGB Report