Today is Wednesday, February 1, the 32nd day of 2017 in the Gregorian calendar, with 333 days remaining.
1 day until Groundhog Day;
13 days until Valentine's Day;
19 days until Presidents' Day;
27 days until Mardi Gras;
28 days until Ash Wednesday;
39 days until Daylight Saving Time begins;
44 days until St. Patrick's Day;
47 days until the arrival of Spring;
67 days until Palm Sunday;
69 days until First Day of Passover;
63 days until April Fools' Day;
72 days until Good Friday;
73 days until Easter Sunday;
75 days until US Federal Income Tax filing day;
76 days until Last Day of Passover;
80 days until Earth Day;
85 days until Arbor Day;
642 days until the 2018 mid-term elections; and
1,449 days until the end of Donald Trump's term as President, assuming he isn't impeached.
On this day in 1982, Late Night with David Letterman premiered on NBC:
Florida man caught with man's wife, flees naked. And the nude runner turns out to be "a prominent Florida pastor". Well, he is now...
-----The KGB Quotations Database contains48,305 quotations.
Some persons born on February 1 who said interesting things:
- Meg Cabot (1967), American author;
- Fritjof Capra (1939), Austrian-born American physicist;
- Edward Coke (1552-1634), English barrister, judge and politician;
- John Ford (1894-1973), American film director;
- G. Stanley Hall (1846-1924), American psychologist and educator;
- Langston Hughes (1902-1967), American poet, social activist, novelist, playwright, and columnist;
- Galway Kinnell (1927-2014), American poet;
- S.J. Perelman (1901-1979), American humorist, author, and screenwriter;
- Muriel Spark (1918-2006), Scottish novelist, short story writer, poet and essayist; and
- Boris Yeltsin (1931-2007), Soviet and Russian politician and the first President of the Russian Federation;
Quote of the day:
"I guess I'm just an old mad scientist at bottom. Give me an underground
laboratory, half a dozen atom-smashers, and a beautiful girl in
diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care not
who writes the nation's laws."
If the Doomsday Clock isn't bad enough, there's also The Rapture Index.
Don't panic! It's fake news.
The new iPhone 8 is less than revolutionary.
"The Presidency is supposed to age the President, not the public..." Jon Stewart reads Trump's next batch of executive orders:
"Toffee-tastic is a bleak, flavorless, gluten-free wasteland." New Jersey Girl Scout cashes in on honest cookie reviews.
Remember that article last month about the ultra-rich buying property in New Zealand and taking other steps in order to survive catatrosphic events? Is it a smart undertaking or a dumb hobby?
As you see, KGB Report is now a daily effort, and I'd appreciate it if you can share us with your friends and, perhaps, click on the link below and become a patron, or send a donation to me here in the KGB Kave at 1512 Annette Avenue, South Park, PA 15129. Aside from some consulting work, KGB Report, other writing efforts and partial Social Security retirement benefits are looking more and more like my main source of income. So if you like us, chip in a buck or ten every month to keep us on the air. Becoming a patron will also get you free copies of any books we publish on Amazon or Kindle in the coming year. Thanks for your support!
(Unless otherwise noted, all citations are from Wikipedia.)
Categories: The Daily KGB Report